1970 LeMans

Asked by Sep 27, 2014 at 12:35 AM about the Pontiac Le Mans

Using a probe light I find that My LeMans doesn't have any juice to the heater fuse.
Does anyone know where the hot wire comes from that goes to the fuse block for the
heater.

Thanks in advance

Jac

3,175

When you say heater , do you mean the blower fan ? Did you have the key in the ON position ? It comes in from the main harness to the fuse block . if it's the blower check the speed resister under the hood .

The fuse block is marked heater. The blower fan does not work. Yes key was in the on position. I'm unsure of what the "speed resister" looks like. I bought this car a couple of months ago and the guy I got it from said the the blower had just quit working. From the looks of some of the work he had attempted I can' t be sure of his truthfulness. He only had the car about a year and was going to restore it. I've just put new carpets in it and while the seat is still out I thought I would try to tackle any under dash problems. As I can't do that lay on the seat with my head below my feet anymore thing.

3,175

Your best bet is to trace the wire from the fuse block , there should be power there . also check where the wire attaches to the fuse holder on the back side .

I'm trying to find a schematic that shows the wire color since it is a pain to pull the fuse box out far enough to see the color. But as a last resort I guess that I'll have to pull it out.