do you think Pontiac should remake the Bonneville?

55

Asked by Feb 24, 2009 at 10:43 PM about the Pontiac Bonneville

35

Yes they should. I think it is a good car just that if they put the same engine or something a little smaller like the 3.5 or 3.6 that they better put high quality intake manifold gaskets in so that they last as long as possible or until 150,000 miles. I have found that they all leak in the new engines cause of low quality.

4,435

I think they should have kept the Bonneville especially when you could order the Heads Up Display and with available front split bench seat with flip and fold rear seat like in the Impala. I agree that the intake manifold gaskets should be of high quality with a metal backing. If the EGR gas and/or coolant was to flow through the intake plenium, it should be made of aluminum, which I believe they fixed with the 3.8L Series III engine. Also there should be a Displacement on Demand feature. Just my opinions.

55

Certainly! I have a Bonneville myself and it's my first car and I LOVE IT! Pontiac made a very smart and very stylish car. I mean, without the Bonneville there wouldn't have been the great muscle cars we know and love today since Pontiac made the GTO (which is the grandfather of all muscle cars and the car that started the muscle cars) off of the Bonneville platform by putting a 389 V8 in it. If Pontiac stepped up to the plate and brought it back but with the GXP package, that would be one hell of a car!

105

It's too bad that the feds are making GM shut down Pontiac. IMO Pontiac had one of the most stylish lines of vehicles behind say Cadillac of all the GM brands. It's just terrible, but every time I see a fellow bonneville on the highway......proving that you can quit making them but you can't keep people from driving them.

85

I agree Josh! The Bonneville should be remade and the feds are stupid to let Pontiac go in the first place! But I can understand the reason why? I think they should of let Hummer and Saturn go instead of Pontiac especially Hummers since they are huge gas guzzlers and many people don't want them because they are Huge which is the H2 formerly H1 and not H3 which is smaller and Saturn is kind of boring and has really nothing exciting out except the Sky but is improving! ! And yes Pontiac should remake the Bonneville! They are great cars known for a mix of performance and style! My family and I currently have a 2002 Bonneville SE and has by far been one of the best cars we have owned including of our 2 Buicks we have owned in the past and currently owned new 09 Cadillac CTS! All GM cars! I sure hope GM can stay alive without Pontiac? A lot of people care about pontiac and will miss it! It would be great If someday Pontiac came back and brought back cars like the Bonneville, Catalina, Grandville, Grand Prix, GTO/Judge, Le mans, and of course Firebird/Trans Am with the Screaming hawk hood decal on the 77-81 Trans Am's! Bringing all these cars back would lure people into the showrooms and make the brand profitable and bring all these great cars back that once made Pontiac famous! So yes! Pontiac/GM should remake Bonneville which would be great! They should also bring back Oldsmobile which got phased-out by GM in 2004! GM needs to have a mix of new and old models and bring back the models that were old school like the Chevelle, Toranado, GS, Bonneville, Trans Am, GTO/Judge, Skylark, Roadmaster, and others! That would be great! Go GM! I LOVE the new Cadillac CTS-V and would like to have one in Black as well as Chevrolet Corvette ZR1.

45

hell ya they should