Did subaru ever fix the head gasket problems?

10

Asked by Jul 29, 2015 at 10:08 PM about the Subaru Forester

When did Subaru fix the issues with the head gasket? did they? what model or year?

thank you!

9,160

Consult your subaru specialist or your subaru dealer, there are corrections for head gasket issues. we dont have your vehicles information to respond specifically. You can get answers based on your needs and the newest parts offerings. Procedure change was also part of the correcting repair, other parts are updated, and other systems may need correction when you have it apart. The ones I helped with certainly did. Cannot really answer you about what model or year without your vehicle's info

96,485

They have made many improvements but Subaru still recommends Subaru anti-leak in the radiators of new cars. ALL cars can potentially need new head gaskets, not just Subaru's. Subaru still uses the open block design at least on the naturally aspirated cars. I believe the turbos have closed deck blocks like all their cars should have.

9,160

The ones I saw, researched and helped with, now, they had design change in their leak fix, to the part. Updated gaskets. (or backdated) depends what you are trying to do. and to what. The specialist place researched, did procedure changes, and started using what used to work for the subarus when I discussed it there. They had me take all the parts store recommended malpractice insurance parts that were just going to leak more, and return them. Then they pointed out to me that some used subaru parts are more trustworthy than aftermarket chingpingwingding....ended up saving money, using high quality jap parts, and the procedure was part of the correction. The only part with issues since was a "lifetime puker " from the parts store, for a waterpump. Bad decision. still have to tear down the front of the thing again if it goes completely. Once an engine design is complete, the dealer techs and specialists are the only real help......thats expensive time and experience free, hope you get yours goin someday.

9,160

oh, and OEM skirtless pistons of course, but thats a total rebuild operation yet to be required at some later date.

9,160

The advice those guys can give is priceless. it took me the entire vacation time of a subaru owner for the year, to try and help, replace the leaky parts, and get it goin for another week of bein hammered on. I was so sick and in pain, it was deadly. its just not worth it to anybody to invest exorbitant amounts in fixing part problems with more problem parts. I probably would have died or been at least hospitalized if I had to try twice because of aftermarket crap. medication helps some, but save yourself, thats the correct method to do so.

9,160

Next time that thing takes a squirt, its goin to the specialist on a toetruk. I cannot give 2 hours a day even anymore without feelin like im gonna die. Subaru Genuine parts or specialist proven, that has to be the future recommendation. A person can shop for prices, but ask what you're really getting.

45

I traded in my 2004 Forestor. I bought it with 18k on in 2006. I traded it in Oct 2014 for my Saturn Vue. Subie had 268k with same trans. Not rebuilt. Had timing belt, water pump and pullies and pretensiors done at 135k. Only at 252 did the head gasket go. I used one of those fixers in rad. It worked ok. Car was just old and little stuff going..........if the car had 150 or so..I'd still have it. Saturn Vue XR V6 is good. Now I have a possible special recall issue but beyond that. Hope it can resolved properly and efficiently. So I can keep my Vue running well.

9,160

Import model subaru? they have different results i have been told. The 2.2 and 2.5 in the legacy was predominantly where I had cooling system and engine part issues, oh, and the axles.

14,175

Subaru... "what head gasket problem"~~ "what STI piston problem"

40

Some people were lucky and did not have a head gasket problem, some were not lucky and had to replace the HG and some had to replace the HG more than once. The root-cause of this problem is in a bad design which has not been fixed since the mid-nineties, what is really shameful. The HG issues have been going on for approximately 25 years, I had to replace HG on my 2010 Forester in 2016 at only 92000 km! Do not buy a Subaru until HG issues are successfully resolved.

80

NO THE ANSWER IS NO THEY HAVE NOT!

These vehicles all have cylinder head gasket related issues: Impreza 1999 to 2011, Forester 1999 to 2010, Legacy 2000 to 2009, Outback 2000 to 2009, Baja 2003 to 2006, You can purchase revised/upgraded gaskets: Non Turbo Upgraded MLS Head Gaskets