Soft top concerns

85

Asked by May 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM about the Mercury Capri

I'd like to replace the soft top on my Mercury Capri because there's quite a bit of
damage. However, it's really hard for me to put the top down, and totally impossible
for me to put the top up without help. This makes me rarely put the top down on our
sunny days in San Francisco. Any ideas?

125

When your ready to flip down into it's comparment. try first lifting up just a bit, put your right hand under the driver's side corner of top and use you left more toward the center near the windshield with one quick jerk you will be able to have more leverage to lift up and then down. and don't forget like others when placing it down the center cross bar need to be folded backwards , else it will won't be all the way down into it comparment and you won't be able to shut down the lid. ENJOY THE SUMMER !!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
85

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!