my 4runner overheated bad and i added stop leak,hard to get water in radiator,ok now then it misses and roars and does not accelerate, water is not flowing much in rad. did I burn or blow engine when

5

Asked by Aug 14, 2011 at 01:40 PM about the Toyota 4Runner

60

Unfortunate most likely you did blow the head gasket when the engine overheated,unless you have a way of checking block test you will no for sure.As the other part were there is little flow on the radiator putting that junk in it was a bad call, see if you can remove the radiator out and have it flushed out if not need to replace it.

1,075

Wow, excellent grammar. I'm going to try to figure this one out. "My 4Runner overheated pretty bad so I added stop leak." Yup, first mistake. That stuff is like putting glue in your radiator. Absolute last attempt at fixing anything should be that. "Now it is hard to put water in" Yeah, that's the stop leak. You might want to look into a new radiator. It shouldn't cost you much. Try to find one at a junk yard, if it isn't all busted up it should do the trick. Look for rust and dents and you should be good. Also, pretty easy to install. Not usually more than four bolts holding it in and a couple hoses. "Now and then it misses and roars and does not accelerate." Bad news. You may have blown your head gasket. What year is it? Might not be a tough fix. If you are running an older Runner and you have a 22RE you might be able to get a completely new motor for under $1000. Worst case, you can have the gasket and timing replaced for just a few hundred. If you are running a newer truck with a V8 then that was your first mistake. "water is not flowing much in the radiator" Is it leaking? Find out where from. If between your block and head then you have just done your own diagnostic work. But really look around. Is there oil in your radiator? or coolant in your oil? "Did I blow the engine?" No. If it is running it isn't blown. But it could be warped. But it definitely sounds like your head gasket. Are you blowing through gas?

20

1994 4 runner at idol the gauge goes up and down then the truck goes off. And the vehicle overheard at idol. What can I do