my ford bantam 2008 power steering has a leak on were can i start looking,is there a seal or a casket or what

Asked by May 12, 2014 at 03:52 AM about the Ford Bantam

power steering leak

10

I had a similar problem last week, as it was spraying quite a bit out, When you park your car is there ATF oil visible on parking spot? If this is the case then you should have an idea where the leak is coming from My leak was on the power steering silver pipe and the only way i could see the leak was if someone sat in drivers seat and with the vehicle running turn steering full turn left or right and only on a full turn the leak was noticeable. You gotta put your body in the left or right hand corner of open bonnet and fender and look towards the power steering side towards your cv's. The main issue was to remove the leaking pipe. To do this I removed manifold cover removed boogie cords, it was a mission to remove the pipe but eventually i got it out and replaced the leaking pipe. i was told i could have fixed the pipe via a engineering company but rather i bought a second hand pipe from our scrap yard and in the rush saved myself a fortune. May i add that if the leak is coming from the front end of power steering pipes that's just in front of radiator the job is much easier as those pipes can be cut and joined. I also used Wyns STOP Powering leak but this is only a temporary solution (stopped leak for 3 months) because when the leak returned it really came back with a vengeance. Good luck