why would you let a company like A Class Auto Sales sell on this site? they won't take cash for the price advertised and they make you finance at a usurious interest rate. They are criminals!

Asked by Aug 09, 2016 at 02:18 AM about the BMW 5 Series

This is a pitiful representation of the dealers that are out there that do offer vehicles for legitimate sale.

11,075

"Why would you let a company like A Class Auto Sales sell on this site?"~~ CarGurus makes 50-100Million dollars a year from these Dealers and marketing Automobiles...WHY WOULD THEY CARE, Sarah Welch has joined the executive team as Senior Vice President of Consumer Marketing. Welch, who most recently served as CMO at Gazelle, will lead the company's global consumer marketing initiatives, including brand development and experience, customer acquisition and retention, public relations and consumer product marketing. CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CarGurus (www.cargurus.com), a leading automotive shopping website, today announced that user traffic eclipsed 15 million unique monthly visitors this March, a 61% year-over-year increase. The company also announced that its dealer network has grown to include more than 6,000 franchise and independent dealerships nationwide. CarGurus now ranks #2 in terms of daily unique traffic among auto shopping and research sites in the U.S. More CarGurus year-over-year growth by the numbers: Dealer network grew by 300% Unique visitors to the site increased by 61% Overall visits to the site increased by 77%

217,845

Hey Buckaroo, it's up to you to research and find a dealer you can work with and who is going to give you a good deal. talk to family and friends. it's a lot of work and tough but worth it in the end. AS you found out dealers are in the business to make as much money as they can on the uninformed.

11,075

As I mentioned above, CarGurus takes its responsibility to consumers and dealers equally seriously. We understand that we have to deliver value to both constituencies. So how do we help dealers? The answer is simple: CarGurus helps dealers sell cars. Because of the unique way that CarGurus ordinates its search results, 95% of the leads sent from CarGurus to dealers each month are for inventory that has been validated by CarGurus as a Great, Good or Fair deal. As a result, these leads convert to sold vehicles at rates far above the industry average. Consumers going to dealers from CarGurus do so with 3rd-party validation that the car in question is a Fair to Great deal. No other listings site on the web generates lead inquiries with this built-in pricing validation.

11,075

1 Review Helps dealers bilk people Reviewed By Claude McConoughey on June 3, 2016, Paducah, KY I browsed Car Gurus for a few weeks until I found a listing for a Prius 5 at an extremely attractive price. I contacted the dealer and was invited to try it out. I drove 140 miles and was rushed through a test drive on unfamiliar streets in an unfamiliar car. It wasn't until I got the car home that I discovered the ad was bogus. I emailed the dealer and within a couple hour the ad was replaced with a new ad listing the car I bought as a prius 2. Dealer (Evansville Kia Volvo) claims they have nothing to do with the ads on car gurus and are therefore not responsible for mis listing the vehicle.