How hard is it to lower a 2012 GLI? Just wanting a few inches or so.

Asked by Feb 04, 2013 at 12:26 AM about the Volkswagen GLI

Why exactly? You could let some air out of the tires!

96,925

It's not hard at all. Install a set of sport springs. H&R is a good brand. Find a VW forum to see what other owners are using.

I'm wondering also Bob..why? Strip, if that is what you want, well knock yerself out, it's your car and your life, and you will void your warranty ya know, it's a 2012. looks pretty low to me as is

Guess David, if I lived in Los Angeles could be a modern "hipster" this way, but in Clearlake, there isn't any damned road, and great big boulders and craters, not potholes...but craters are what we are dealt. A car like this is utterly rediculous in this environment. Can only drive my MINI on some of the paved roads here, and use the truck to get around for most of my driving here-

The question of why this is important. If you were driving on the racetrack, bein' close down like an F1 would be needed, but make it scrapey to get in and out of the donut shop for example HAPPENS, then inspection of what scraped on the front end ensues.

5,065

There's no gain in dropping the suspension on your car, it'll only make the ride more harsh and if you drop it too far you'll mess up the entire suspension geometry. H&R do a spring kit for your car and it's your choice but I wouldn't recommend lowering a road car.

amen Lars!