66-69 Falcon crossmember

Asked by Aug 20, 2011 at 06:16 AM about the Ford Falcon

Can some tell me for sure that the US 66-69 Falcon front crossmember is the same as the Australian version, in particular engine mounts, and also steering lingage location (apart from the obvious l/r hand drive)?

725

NO-- If you have an australian,,you have to find australian,parts... ..

725

From,what I hear( I could be wrong--)Australia,uses the metric,system..I really think-you could use,the american front cross-member,but,you might have to elongate the holes-to match the car-you"ve got.. I do know-that america,,used the australian dies,to make the 67 falcon,witch--makes it,a stranger to us...It was different,than anything-we-here,on the state-side,,have ever seen... dies--

I could've been more specific, I was thinking that if these crossmembers were the same than the 390 frame mounts would've fitted. From what I understand these cars were available with the fe engine in the US.

725

I think The engine mount pads,off of a 67-68 mustang/couger,can be utilised,for a 390 swap..I personally-have not seen a faxtory 390 falcon,but I have seen this swap done before..

Best Answer Mark helpful

Just looked at those mustang parts, the engine plate and insulator do look like they would do the job. Thanks for the tip

725

You"re very welcome!!,and good luck,with your project!!