insurance

Asked by Feb 28, 2012 at 06:56 PM about the Ford Galaxie

we're looking to insure son's car as a classic. do any or all of you have classic car insurance & if so how did you go about getting itemized insurance. I don't want to pay high premiums based on what he thinks it's worth then have the insurance company after taking my money every month come back after an accident if it happens and only pay out what they think it's worth. That happened to us with a work truck. Any ideas?? The car is currently being restored for the second time. We only had liability the first time and have now began upgrading everything.

725

i have a 1963 mercury that i have inssured with haggerty insurance company. i had to arange to to have an assement for the vehicle before it coould be inssured. haggerty gave me a list of qaulified assors and i paid the assors fee of about $130. my car is inssured at its vaule at the time of assement from 4 years ago.

9,625

Many companies can do this- talk to your agent and explain it is a pleasure vehicle and will not be driven all year long (most companies limit mileage you can put on to 6000 or less).

955

Classic Car insurance is cheap actually and the underwriting challenges younger drivers normally face, is more lenient. Conduct a search online for Classic Car insurance, should see many. Not sure if I can recommend a company, but I have had success and personal classic car owning friends use "American Collectors Insurance".

15

I have classical insurance through State Farm. Depending on the shape of the car, you can pretty much insure it for what you want. I Have my 63 Galaxie insured for $50,000, and it costs me $420.00 a year.