What air filter would give my car a more tuned sound and what size would I need to get?

Jamie Waddon

Asked by Jun 28, 2014 at 01:43 PM about the Vauxhall Astra

My car is a 2009 Vauxhall astra mk6
and I need the filter to fit in engine
bay without any modifying apart from
removing the air box

To get the best sound out of your car, you should look into the K&N Intake system. It will give you the growl you are looking for, but still making it smog legal.

Jamie Waddon

Any kit in particular? I have heard open cone filters give a better noise? I searched k&n website and searched products by make and model and the only sell panel filters for my model? I guess it's gonna be a universal k&n cone?

Go with the panel. A cone will only suck in warm air from in the engine bay. You want cold air entering your engine. A filter won't give you a "tuned" sound. Personally I'd stick with an OEM filter, K&N filters allow more air, plus more dirt into the engine and no real benefit except you don't replace them every 30K , you clean and oil them.. Get a good set of mufflers on the car if you want a tuned sound.

Best Answer