cheap...ish mods?

5

Asked by Jul 20, 2009 at 08:48 AM about the 1990 Vauxhall Astra

Im looking to improve the performance of my rebuilt 1990 1.4 vauxhall astra mk 2, It has a non standard exhaust, twin webber carbs and a k&n buscuit tin air filter, I recently changed the plugs and I am considering getting a new flywheel perhaps but Im not sure how much it will cost or what else I can do other than going to the expense of buying a turbo or 2 litre red top engine? Any ideas?

225

Same thing cheapest mods are always Intake, Header, Exhaust, Chip. And you don't really need a lightened flywheel until you put out some decent numbers. I'm not that knowledgeable about Carborated cars. I know another good way to tune cars would be to set the ECU tune differently but do not try that on your own and also play around with the cams if you know exactly what you're doin or have some one with the knowledge do it for you if you're willing to pay a few bucks

5

The thing is my car doesnt have an ECU otherwise I would have had it remapped although I think it is possible, not sure how though or how much it would cost? looks like im saving for a redtop engine if not :)