rear diff issues goin on here, with my s14 ...can anybody help ?

15

Asked by Dec 09, 2009 at 04:44 PM about the Nissan Silvia

my rear end started making a weird grinding noise for a little bit , then it went away. I checked the fluid and it was good . but then a few days later my left rear wheel locked up .   see i got a jdm s14 zenki  with a sr20de ,  and i live in germany and parts are hard to find .  I have little exp working on diffs but my question is ::: is this a common problem with the s14 and if so is it easy to repair ?????? and   were would i go for parts ??  hopefully someone can give me some tips -suggestions on how to help me fix my baby. thanks...

25

I had problems with the stock rear end on my s14 so I just went ahead and got the Nismo LSD. You might be able to get another diff off of Craigs list but since you are in Germany I am not sure you have that. Junkyard then!

45

Its not a problem i have heard of or experenced. i would sugest going to nissanslivia.com and ask in there there are alot of helpfull knowledgable people on there

5

might want to check the wheel bearing on the locked up side mate