I had some answers that I previously had asked about a 69 Road Runner...

Asked by Apr 21, 2013 at 07:17 PM about the Plymouth Road Runner

I had some answers that I previously had asked about a 69 Road Runner with a 71 383 engine.
I suppose Im trying to determine if it really worth it to try to restore,  restoration guy says about 25k,  but that seems low.  I will try to post some photos of the car.
Thanks, guys, for your answers.
Anyone else is welcome to comment.

Another shot of the 69 Road Runner Im trying to determine to restore sorry, cant see how to include multipile pics on some page. Anyone's opinion welcome.

19,745

not if your thinking of fix and sell, its worth 4 or 5 as it is assuming floors good, paint it, dress the trim up and make a rat rod to drive. 99 out of 100 look at it as a 69 roadrunner ,anyway.

What Im trying to say is would I get my money back. Been told it would take about 25k.

62,895

Without it being a numbers matching car. I'd say no. - Jim

19,745

ditto

8,255

The fact that it is not numbers-matiching hurts the retail value, so your chances of getting the $25,000 back out of it in a hurry are slim. There are a couple of advantages, though. You can easily put a more modern drive train in it now, and not hurt the value in the least. That means you can get classic car looks combined with modern car handling, braking, performance and fuel economy. Sort of a 'best of both worlds' scenario. Done right, this may even bring the value of the car up some from the normal numbers-mismatched old car. One other thing to remember: They are not building any more of them, and each year the numbers remaining drops a little. What you have will always be a desirable body style of a desirable model. It would appear to be a pretty solid example, even if not the very prettiest. It has already passed the bottom of the depreciation curve and is climbing again, even if slowly. I would not do a full on 'restoration', but fix it with the goal of making it a good, solid, safe driver, and enjoy it. In 10 years, it may well be worth the more serious investment of restoration, and in the mean time, you have been having fun with the old girl.

Best Answer
227,935

Plus that $25K is an estimate. Most estimates usually end up running higher when you find hidden issues.

227,935

Here's another opinion that I agree on.....http://www.autoweek.com/article/20070515/FREE/70514008

OK, Thanks guys.