Sirs, if I buy a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner that has a 71 383 engine and the car needs partial quarter panel replaced, new interior and if the color was to be changed from the original, would this degrade the value of the car?

Asked by Apr 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM about the 1969 Plymouth Road Runner

Car needs complete interior, one front fender replaced, 2 rear quarter panes partially replaced, engine rebuild, bumpers and plan on a color change.
Especially with the color change, does this reduce the value of the car as opposed to having the original color and appearance?

237,755

What value? The cost of having an original car with the matching engine? Your car, when complete, will be worth something, but that I can't say. It will be more of a fun, weekend car to drive around in for someone, but for all the money you are putting into it, don't expect to get it back. Some of these restorations can cost more than what the car is actual worth when your done. Are you doing all the work yourself? Anyone else want to comment on how much it might be worth after he completes it?

3,150

Without original matching # on engine not worth as much. There was a million and 1 of those made anyway. I like road toed's myself. Some of them, like the one I almost bought yrs Ago had a functional air cowl intake on it. That one was around a couple grand, but then there was a few more on the market.

66,125

If you're looking at this car as an investment I'd say keep looking. There is a market for cars that have been modified over the years. But it's usually the ones that have been restored to original condition that bring the big bucks. But if you like this particular car for some reason and just want something to drive & enjoy when it's all fixed up go for it. I buy cars I like. I never look for something just because it's popular or might be worth millions one day. I get what I like & enjoy it. HTH. -Jim

Here is a matching numbers original 1972 Roadrunner with the GTX option at no reserve on eBay: Auction ends October 21. Item Number 271296263208