Sudden Momentum Drop

5

Asked by Dec 17, 2010 at 11:39 AM about the 1998 Alfa Romeo 156

Hi I few weeks back bought Alfa 156 1.8 TS.  While the car accelrating it's dropds the momentum suddenly for a second... this mainly happen at 1st gear, but it's ther even at 4th gear. Initially i thought it happens while i remove my foot from the accelrate peddle, but latly i found that it suddenly happen... any idea?

925

Sounds like a Mass flow sensor (MAF) problem to me. I've had that same problem. You can try to unplug it to see if the problem disappears. If it does disappear, you have to replace the MAF.

5

Thanks NUNO. I will do, if fails get the openion of ALFA TEC, the guys do the alfa repairs in Sri lanka. Mean time u know fm where i can get down the window gaskets(external beedings of the windows & door the stright ones- has bumps on the edge) any idea? we do not have a agent here. Thanks once again.

925

Glad to be of help, but I'm afraid I can't help you with your other problem.

95

Look for a car breaker/scrapper they may be the best people to go to with you window problem - I know it's not the same, but I got a replacement window regulator/motor and rear bumper reflector for one.