I have an 88 chrysler 5th ave, it hesitates while driving occasionally and stalls out when slowing down. The other morning it didn't start but the next day it did. Ive noticed since the problems started the fuel consumption has increased.

Asked by Feb 11, 2015 at 05:47 PM about the 1988 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Bought the car used after it had sat for 2 years. Before it was parked they had the
distributor, plugs and wires replaced. We replaced the alternator and battery when I got
it. It drove really well for the first little while but had a slight hesitation from time to
time when trying to accelerate. Then the other day it started to die out when I would
slow down and it stopped running. After awhile it started again and I was able to get it
home. Then the other day I went to start it and it started fine, so I took it for a drive
around a little. It ran fine, got home and then tried to go out again later, car wouldnt
start. Its been started from time to time and when I take it out ive noticed it seems to
use more fuel then it used to.

20

I have the same problem with the same make vehicle and have been looking for answer for for weeks... it starts in the morning.. get about ten to forty miles then I lose power. I have to put it in Nuetrel shut it down while moving, then restart... the car get it's power back for about a minutes.. I do it till I draft home.. I have to find a fix.. if you did please email me at matcaron@gmail.com

My 1986 was doing the same thing and I checked the air filter- it was BLACK!!! I t wasn't getting enough air which has the effect of making the engine run too rich- I changed the filter , sprayed some carb cleaner in the intake and now she's flying again!