Interior lights will not shut off.

Asked by Jan 27, 2016 at 06:38 PM about the 1986 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

I have a great 1986 Chrysler Fifth Avenue that I enjoy driving.  Occasionally, when I shut off and leave the car, the interior light will not shut off after closing the door.  I have been watching this erratic behavior for 2 years now.  Many times I have returned to the car just to find a dead battery.  Today I found the lights staying on gain.  I left the car alone and returned 15 minutes later to find the light still on.  I pulled the fuse for the interior lights and reinstalled it.  I closed the door and the lights went out.  Is there a circuit board that controls the interior lights?  If so, where is the circuit board and can I replace it?  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help,  John

85,685

The door switch may be faulty or out of adjustment.

Thank you "Full of Regrets"' That was my very 1st thought and I dismissed it because it doesn't matter which door is opened and closed. (I guess I should have mentioned this in my original problem description) one time my wife opened the rear door only, closed the door, the lights stayed on and the next day the battery was dead.

our 1991 Caddy Brougham all interior door lights come on and stay on--has drained battery