my brights is working very poor and my dim lights not at all. What could be the problem?

Asked by Oct 07, 2014 at 06:46 AM about the 1992 Opel Kadett

The brights on my opel kadett 200is is working very poorly and my dims not at all. Please can any body help me?

34,655

It the switch or the ground straps.

Sorry. I am a woman. Knows al lot about cars but I don't know what the ground straps is.

34,655

That's the big black wire that comes off the battery and.attaches to the frame. That makes for a good ground for a good electrical circuit. Check and see if it is nice and clean on all connections.

200

Ask same body to help you, connect a wire to the battery ground (- pol) and to the sheet metal on the light, If no response, connect a wire on the battery + pol and to the light wire Connection, If light working OK it is a switch, if not I need more info.

200

I forgot it lights come om with the battery ground wire it is a groud Connection problem. sorry

Thank you. I have sorted it out. It was on the relay.