Why does my car keep stopping on long drives

Asked by Jan 08, 2011 at 11:40 PM about the 2002 Ford Laser

The engine on my car stops after about 50km journey, I leave it for 15 mis or so and it starts fine, then drive for another 15 mins or so and then it just stops again, Have replaced the ignition coil. Not sure if it's an electric or fuel fault..Can anyone give me answers. Mechanic has no clue, computer diagnostics showed no problems.

try changing the fuel filter.sounds like it is stoped up.

Thanks, I think this is going to be a process of elimination. Seems to be a commen yet intermittent problem. So will try replacing fuel filter and pump, may as well do both while the tank is out.

you dont have to drop the tank to change the fuel filter,what u are thinking about is the sock filter that atatches to pump,since u getting fuel no need to replace pump,your fuel filter is eather on frame rail on driver side or close to tank.you also have a bieder valve on fuel rail on engine looks like a tire valve,it may have air in the system,have your mechanic blead it.

25

I had a similar problem with my kf laser drive stop wait drive stop wait. turned out to be the ignition module. got a mechanic to replace runs like a dream again well a bad dream but a dream nun the less. cost about 200