why do i have oil all over my spark plgs when i take them out

Asked by May 06, 2017 at 11:14 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Prizm

Ring blow-by, valve stem seals not good, PCV letting oil by it, which is a sign of (The pcv releases crankcase pressure. Pressure is caused by blow by, blow by is caused by the engine failing. I would unhook the pcv from the air intake so it isn't sucking the oil into the engine, then hope for the best.) it needing an over-haul. Either way you need to have it worked on.

If its blow by threw PCV go to this video and try this out. It works. Copy & paste Url to new browser window I have one on my Blazer and it did not even have that issue i just do not want any splatters of oil going into my intake. I will post it below.

If the oil is on the outside of the spark plug, the seals that seal the cam cover to the spark plug wells are bad. Replacing the cam cover and spark plug well seals will fix that.