1978 Plymouth Fury cupe. Can you help me?

5

Asked by Jun 14, 2011 at 08:32 PM about the 1978 Plymouth Fury

I have a 1978 Plymouth Fury cupe that I am fixxing up. I am putting a 440 with 727 tranny, but the rear end (8.25) is no good. I woul;d like to change it out with a 9.25 rear end but, I don't know what rear end from what vehicle will fit in my car. Please can anyone help me? my e-mail is vmrbigo@yahoo.com

For a B-body Fury (not a C-body Gran Fury), use an 8 3/4 rear.

10

My C-body Fury coup has quite a bit of rust on the rear panels as well. I did a bit of checking to see if I could find another same model for spare parts. Everyone I contacted had the same rust in the same places. We decided (in my household) to just take the panel off, cut the rust out, spot weld a thick sheet of metal to it, sand it down, and give it a new paint job.