Some stupid questions from a newb about a 1966 Plymouth Fury I

Asked by Nov 01, 2016 at 07:08 AM about the 1966 Plymouth Fury

Sorry but I never had a car like this before.

1. How or where can I release the hood? I found the lever in the front under the hood to finally release it but I don't find the handle to "pop" it first.

2. I managed to turn on the headlights and the upper two lights ( front ) are working. Seems pretty normal. But how can I switch on the lower two?

3. Does this model have hazard lights and where is the switch?

77,895

The hood only has the release lever outside under the lip of the hood, there is no release inside to pop it up first. For the headlights there is a sliver button on the drivers side floor up and too the left, push it with your foot to click it, that chances the headlights back and forth form low to high and back again. They put the hazard button in two places depending on the package, the most common one was one the steering columns right side about 2 inches down from where the steering wheel mounts, it will be a little black pull button, pull it to turn on the hazards, push to turn off. The other was mounted right on the dash and was a chrome toggle switch and was labeled Hazard Lights. HTH

Thanks for the info. I will have a look at it once I get to the car again. But I already pulled up the lever in the middle under the hood. Nothing happens if I do that. The Hood remains closed.

77,895

With a car that things do,get sticky you may have to push down on the god some as you pull the release lever, that should release the hood to the safety catch.