HOW DOES THE 1985 HONDA CIVIC CRX DIFFER FROM THE 1985 HONDA CIVIC CRX HR?

Asked by Jun 09, 2008 at 11:54 PM about the 1985 Honda Civic CRX

options,one is a little more sport looking,maby a little more HP.

15

are you sure its not the CRX HF....not HR. the HF has no sunroof and was built the be the lightest of ALL the CRX's. it is also a 1.5l SOHC non-vtec motor. the transmission has long gears and the motor puts out very little power. this car was supposed to be the best CRX on gas mileage. it is the most ideal for a motor swap and build b/c it is so light.

25

the Honda Civic CRX HF put has a 1.5 liter with 8 valves and a transmission geared for fuel economy, the Civic CRX DX (base model) has a 1.5 liter with 16 valves and a transmission geared for regular driving. i am better with second generation crx's so this might be off a little

the Honda Civic CRX HF put has a 1.5 liter with 8 valves and a transmission geared for fuel economy.the Civic CRX DX which is the base model. it has a 1.5 liter with 16 valves and a transmission geared like a everday car.

55

In the US market the 1988-1991 HF had the 1.5 8 valve engine with a long geared 5 speed transmission, I don't believe they came as automatics all the crx's 1987 and before the HF models had a 1.3L carburetted engine and long geared transmission. The HF was setup for fuel economy and man people have been able to easily achieve more than 50mpg. The Si model was the only one that was fuel injected and was a 1.5L SOHC 12 valve engine.

55

also the base had i think was a 1.5 carburetted engine that had a little less power than the Si and slightly longer gearing, but nowhere to the degree of the HF

85

Basically the CRX goes on the right side of the junkyard, where they try to put the CRX-HR in the back where nobody can see it