Is A 1991 Honda CRX Easy To work on

Asked by Feb 22, 2008 at 03:12 PM about the 1991 Honda Civic CRX CRX

I was thinking about purchasing a 1991 Honda CRX, I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I want a project car and I wanted to know if that is a easy car to work on. Thank You!

6,915

It depends on what you want to do and what needs to be done. Somethings are real easy some a very frustrating. check for rust and rot, these can rot out in the dessert. Have a real go look at it.

25

yea like the other guy said some things are cake but its the little things that can get you i have a 91 crx and the easiest job can be ruined by 1 rusty bolt and trust me unless it waw garaged for 17 years theres more then 1 of those lol

35

compared to new models they are quite easy, but one major enemy in this area is rust..WATCH OUT!!

25

yeah, aside from body work, most late 80s-early 90s hondas and acuras are quite easy to work on.

95

I work on cars for a living, and find hondas to be on of the best make of cars to work on.

465

this CRX is no problem to work on, almost every early 90's Honda's were very simple to work on, i just finished an engine swap in my 96 civic coupe, the engine was sitched over and running in no time, Honda makes everything very easy to work on, i work at a honda dealership and they are definetly the simplest car to work on, everything is very straight forward. but like everyone else said, with that old a honda, if it wasn't rust treated very well, alot of bolts can be a real pain!

35

I don't know if you are still asking or this question is dead in the water but, compared to most cars foreign and domestic, in my opinion Honda is the best brand with which to learn. There is a ton of reliable information all over the internet and in book stores, and I'm not just talking about a Haynes or Chilton manual. I'm talking about proven race teams and manufacturers showing how they do it, from engine swaps (for example: "K20" the Acura RSX engine swapped into a 1989 Civic or CRX) to super or turbo charging. As the people have stated above, rust is a major issue. I had to replace both rear quarter panels but, now that I have taken care of the rust ($1000 for the panels, $1500 for the labour) that's a smokin' deal for 20 more years of enjoyment. When was the last time you heard of a deal like that?