I am looking to find an original hood ornament for a 1979 Buick Park Avenue.

Asked by Nov 03, 2007 at 09:19 PM about the 1979 Buick Electra

I am looking to get one for my father-in-law for Christmas.  I have tried on ebay and am coming to you for help in trying to locate one.

49,075

I just checked Ebay and there are three or four listed. The Park Ave. will also interchange hood ornaments with the Electra 1977-84. You should have no problem finding one.

I have one on a '77. I also have a process to rebuild these '70's potmetal/plastic emblems to make look NOS, as plastic faded and fell out over time. Repaint colored potion of emblem and replace plastic using a 2 part compound avalible from hardware stores under brand name "pour-on"

sorry I forgot to mention, 77 to 79 electra's interchange for sure. the 80 (body redesign this year) and up ornamates are different in base so will not match hood spear, and emblem itself is different. Mike

4,125

Wrecking yards are hands down the best places to get little parts like that. They are usually alot cheaper than anywhere else, and they have alot more selection for older cars.

5

I suggest that you try ''''buick farm.com'''''.. They have a lot of NOS parts in stock and some of them are hard to find items Good Luck