Where can I find prebent brake lines for a 1979 Cutlass Supreme? Thanks in advance.

Asked by Jul 09, 2008 at 12:10 AM about the 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

Hi all. I just got a project car, 1979 CS with a 260. I'm in the process of making it run properly first before doing all the "fun stuff" this winter. The brake lines are shot and I can't seem to find prebent brake lines that I can install. Anyone know of a place that have them?

5

I know the local advance auto carried brake lines for a del sol, they probably have ones for an American Cutlass, if not check the olds classic car parts ordering mags.

35

Have u tried ebay or craigs list?

I called up my local AutoZone and Advanced Auto and they didn't carry that car's brake lines which was suprising, knowing that the car is still popular today. I have also tried Craigslist in Chicago, Northern Indiana, and Milwaukee and no one had it (Search criteria: 1979 Cutlass, 1979 Olds, 1979 Oldsmobile, cutlass supreme). Ebay didn't have it for the year. Aren't there actual stores that make these? I have also tried Jegs and Autopartswarehouse. Maybe I'm being too specific on my searches?

25

they don't exsist the coiled wire around the original lines were put onthere so during assembly a dead blow hammer could be used and won't crush the lines when they beat them to fit

15

There is a company out of Michigan called Inline Tube their website is www.inlinetube.com. I have used their products before and their lines are very close to OEM bending and require minimal tweaking. They even have the propor fittings on the end of the lines. I checked their site and they do have a listing for lines on your car.

225

re:"brake lines for my '79 CS". The factory workers may have hammered some othem, I'm not sure how they "hammered" the coiled bends near the brake master cylinder. If your going to do a total relacement and you still have the factory parts I'd suggest going to NAPA and purchasing the shorter lengths and getting a tubing bender and doing it yourself, its not that difficult really, more trouble getting the old ones off. You could probably re-use the factory fittings as long as they are not torn-up. As far as the full length lines that are frame connected, not sure what to do about that, maybe NAPA can get longer pieces on special order.