Were the vent ports or port holes on sides of front fenders of 1949 Buick for decoration only were they "real" air intake ports with hoses attached to the ports? Attached is description of these ports from a car description : "the 1949 Buick Roadmaster sported what would become a Buick trademark � side portholes. The Roadmaster was fitted with four such "ventiports" on each front fender, a styling cue visible on the flanks of the newly launched Buick Riviera Roadmaster "

49buick
0

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 07:36 AM about the 1949 Buick Roadmaster

decorative only. perhaps at one time they were functional. not in our lifetimes. Was nice because you could always spot a buick.

the Buick Roadmonster

87,205

They removed engine heat in the early years. They first appeared in 1949 which was and is in my lifetime.

the Auburn Boat-Tail Speedster had a crazy turbocharger that used them as well-

olderthandirt
35

this photo is about 1938....no idea the year of the car or make....but it has portholes....anyone know the make?