how hard would it be to put a 3.8 supercharged in a 1987 fiero?

85

Asked by Nov 01, 2011 at 09:49 PM about the 1987 Pontiac Fiero

i want to put this motor in the car cuz i think it would be fun and mine needs a new motor has anyone done this before

it wont be hard at all,because it wont work.

8,655

http://www.westcoastfiero.com/engine_conversions/conversion_info_3800sc-manual-noac.html i've heard of it being done in the past on kit car mag.

8,655

it will be one super fiero!

240

Excuse me there Mr "papa". I am a female and a lover of Fiero's and in my opinion if you are going to answer peoples questions...perhaps you should research the answers you give. Your response of "it wont be hard at all,because it wont work", demonstrates your lack of knowledge needed to answer this question. Not only has this engine been used successfully MANY times, there are big block V8's used as well......to include the Northstar V8 just to mention one of many.. The only thing that limits us is...IGNORANCE RESPECTFULLY.....ROSE

85

well how about you get on youtube and look you feiro with 3.8 supercharged

295

Almost any motor can be installed in a Fiero. It just depends on how much time and money you want to put into it. The 3.8SC is very common now and there are many V8's out there too, also the Oldsmobile high output quad 4 is another good one. First do your research, then pick the engine that will give you what you want for what you are willing to pay. Don't let some uninformed toad make up your mind for you. Have fun and good luck.

125

I have 3.8 supercharged in my ´84 fiero. It was not much problem. I could use almost all motormounts and bought others from fiero-store. Here are 2 videos I made of my car. It is now being overhauled from scratch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NybQWzU8BPA&feature=channel_video_title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXQesGJBaqA&feature=relmfu

when youall have the experience I have,38 years in the business,then post your junk.I know what im talking about,do any of you.reality check you can put anything on you tube,that dont make it so.I can put a trycycle on their with a 3.8 SC on their.that dont mean it can be done.also anyone can say I got one in mine.picts to prove it.but with photo bucket you can put anything on.

105

Trever you are absolutely correct. I have over 1000 car magazines and if it has been thought up it has been done it just takes a certain amount of money depending on the idea. for instance i am going to put a 6 cly BMW engine into my 62 mercury comet as well as the drive train and it can be done I am just worried about the money factor . But that shouldnt be to hard just check out the pontiac magazines and or even hot Rod magazine

105

1st of all I want to Wyo Tech for street rod building so I do know what i am talking about .SECONDLY ITS EASY TO PUT SAME MAKE ENGINES INTO VEHICLES ?? PORSCHE 911 INTO A VW come on everyone knows porsche 914s were vw powered, NOW take last years Detroit autorama Riddler award winner that 60 rambler thats Ferrari powered that took skill . BUT IT WAS DONE ........ 3rd your picture shows your a trucker so WHEN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TIME TO DO ALL THESE ENGINE SWAPS WHEN YOUR OUT ON THE ROAD or are you a wannabe trucker. If your a shade tree mechanic you need to shut the hell up and let the grown ups talk here

105

THIS IS Trever Larrick's Post not yours

295

This started out as a simple and reasonable question and turned into a hate parade. Who invited the vulgar, old guy anyway. I hope he don't think I am wet behind the ears at sixty plus years. From the sound of some his rantings, I have much of the same background and experiences as he, and it never left me that bitter.

295

Way to go, have fun with your 3800SC.

85

Thanks any clue where i could get a wireing harnes made for this conversion in colorado or nebraska

295

I have said this many times on here, go to "Pennock Fiero Forum" . There are people on the forum that will be able to guide you or sell you the parts, or do the work for your project. I know the wiring harness is available from several builders. There are many different suppliers of specialty items on the forum. Just go there and ask your question, the amount of information you get about your 3800 swap will blow you away.

thought you were a mechanic,you have to ask for a wireing harness.

85

Thank you steve that page had a lot of helpful information thanks for the information

295

So far, the way I see it, it is the other chaps ONE and you ZERO. For your information the 3800SC in a Fiero is an old school swap that has been done so many times it is getting kind of boring. Even shoehorning a Northstar V8 into a Fiero is very common. And no I don't like you, I think you are just a bully.

135

I've had a go around with the "vulgar, old guy" before. Thinks he knows he knows everything but clearly doesn't. He's not on here to be helpful at all, just cause trouble. And because I disagreed with him, he threatened me. and for the record, he and I are the same age.

85

Well sir scene this is my post i would like u to leave it alone because im tired of ur negativity and so is everyone else as you can tell so y dont you do us all a favor and leave this alone like many people have said the only reason you r the way you are is because you dont want to work for what you get you only want to do pretty basic things so thank you for nothing!!

sorry dude that is for roland,the age thing.

295

Don't waste your time, he will never get it. So just ignore his posts and get on with your project and have fun.

85

Well just so you know it wasnt a stupid question it was a serious question and i know for a fact that it can be done so i will do it just to prove a point to you and Just so you know i am 20 and i dont care age dont mean crap in this it is how it is if i am willing to put the time, effort and money into it it can and will be done so im tired of all your negativity

295

Just ignore him, some people get off on the drama, and if you let him get to you then he wins. Just ignore him.

135

You and I have had a go-around before. Don't remember? You were calling a small block Chevy engine a Pontiac 455. And yes, you threatened me. I have yet to see you be helpful to anyone. You claim to have so much knowledge, but i haven't seen it yet. If I recall right, you are 50 years old.

I passed English with A,s,thank you.

did you come here just to gripe and cry when you are called out.buy the way,im a owner operator,with 25 years with a cdl,and several years befor they came out with them.so you go sit in your car seat and scream and holler.

1,130

Hi Trever I didn't mean to take over thread, but did not care for papa and his response to you. But you know by now you can fit the motor in your car. Please don't forget your suspension if you plan to "hot rod' the car. Also, I don't know, do you have to buy supreme fuel due to the blower? I have to use supreme fuel in my Jag as it has a 3.0L V-6 high compression engine [10.25 compression ratio] That's .50 cents a gallon more the the regular gas. Just a thought. But, good luck with your install. I used to do the same way back in the 50's & 60's with my cars. Again sorry for using your thread to put papa in his place. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

1,130

HAPPY THANKSGIVING PAPA!!!

BACK AY YA.

155

Wow, I've never seen someone so ignorant (Ignorant; adjective: someone who is dumb on purpose). "papa" has no freaking idea what he's talking about. People have been putting the 3.8L SC engine in Fieros for years now. It's an excellent upgrade if you do it correctly (in my oppinion, I wouldn't take a persons' advice on this matter if they can't even spell their name).

10

it has been done and there is a group of fiero owners on face book with 3800 superchager's so dont listen to anyone who says it cant be done cause ive done it

10

http://images.fieroforum.com/pffimages/mini- white_fiero_069.jpg

i know that papa MORON WAS responding 6 years ago, and had 38 years experience back then, so he is probably dead by now, but i know very little about cars and have 2 fiereos. One was sold to me with a 2.8L engine, BUt also included a 3.8l SC, and wiring harness, and gerlag 5 sped tranny, and shifter, and mounts, which all came out of another Fiero that was being converted to a Lambo, and was getting a BMW 12 cyl engine. I ended up selling all the stuff i listed to a big time Fiero fan who had done many conversions. Since then I have bought another Fiero, that was already converted to a 3.8L SC. I have the receipts, and i drive it regularly. drives fine, sounds great. Papa is a moron, and i have 0 experience in "the business" but i think i know more that he learned in his 38 years. I am betting he doesnt know the difference between a tail pipe and his @sshole!