shocks replacements?

Asked by Sep 11, 2010 at 12:38 AM about the 1988 Nissan 300ZX

I have a 1988 300zx which I am trying to restore to its former glory.  Unfortunate that the suspension is supper soft and is causing a good bit of body roll while cornering. What is a good suspension set up, to get a good tight suspension, to improve high speed cornering?      Any one have any suggestion on which brand and what shocks would be best for quality and economically?

35

try changing the front and rear stabilizer bars bushing and links and the 4 shocks KYB GAS.

7,695

get some new springs with those shocks and struts

85

A lot of the springs from these cars sag now, the stock springs are very soft as well, at least on the non-turbos. If you want a spirited drive without a lot of harshness, go for Eibach springs. I put them on mine recently and they are pretty stiff, and despite being a lowering spring, my old ones were so saggy, i actually got a half inch of lift from them. For shocks, monroe makes cheap replacements that are nice and soft, Tokico blues are a bit stiffer, and are what I use. For super stiff, go with bilsteins (can get online or from autozone) or if you have a turbo, the Tokico 5-way adjustables seem to be a top pick. Look around for some Suspension Technique springs if you want a a stiff setup to pair with the stiff springs. Goin with Tocico blues and Eibach springs off Ebay and other online sites usually will set you back 4-500$ for the whole car, using stiffer components can reach up to a grand or more. I have to say that with the Eibach and Tokico blues, it handles amazingly, and drives like a completely different car, but even this setup is very stiff for daily driving. I could feel almost jarring bumps on a freshly paved road, so if you dont mind it, like I don't, it may be your best shot. For other components, you should at some point get the whole poly bushing set, its available from a couple places, and there are a few sway bars and a rare strut tower bar for front and rear out there too. It all depends on what you want from it. Good luck with it, and have fun!

20

Hi , any one knows who can repair the electronic originals shocks from a 1988 300 zx Turbo. ? if you know some one can do it please call me at 786-306-7298. Thank you Alex