My vw Fox, doesnt want to start, and when it does it only goes a few meters before it dies again. We thought it might be the fuel thats dirty. But the last couple of days we have to jump start it.

Asked by Jun 08, 2014 at 10:28 AM about the 1988 Volkswagen Fox

Car doesnt start, and when it dies, it only goes a few meters... jump start the last couple
of days, thought it might be dirty fuel line but we cleaned it and replaced the pipes... The
spark plugs are also new... We're not sure what it can be..... Please anyone help....

I would think by reading your post,check your fuel pump.

@ you know who ----click my lion and check my garage About Me before they erase the truth.

I love the Fox- that's a rare car now- is it a Wagon? those are so cool- anyway, it sounds like an electrical problem- or more than one problem- jump starting it is not cool- start there and get a new battery- now, is it charging? on an old car like that, you might have some restoring to do-