Are there companies who can make a custom soft top for a Jeep Wagoneer turned convertible?

45

Asked by Sep 21, 2007 at 07:54 PM about the 1989 Jeep Wagoneer

I have a great 1989 Jeep Wagoneer (four door). I am going to 'restore' it, and that includes some custom work. I want to cut the roof off and put a roll cage in the back, but I use it all the time, so I want a soft top to put over it. I plan to have it cut from the windshield to the back doors, then down and under the rear windows.
While we're at it, I installed a three inch lift on the back, which wasn't hard. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how best to put the same lift on the front. Is one way more preferable over the other?

1,025

most deffinitly suspension is the only way to go . body lifts are for aspalt queens lift blocks are ok if your short on cash but new leafs or coils will not only give you more hight but better off road abilaty. and yes allot of places can make you a costom top go to your loc. boat marina they have custom tops made for boats all the time

4,785

Can't help you on the suspension, I only know how to lower them. On the top though, go to a marina, or a local hotrod/custom shop and they should be able to put you in touch with somebody who specializes in this kind of stuff. Check out skyjacker or rancho for the suspension components. it WILL NOT be nearly as easy as the back. (Or as cheap)