squeak noise

Asked by Jul 05, 2011 at 10:53 PM about the 1989 Dodge Ram

my 99 dodge ram is making a squeaking sound from the rear of the truck. it only
makes the noise if you really step on it. i know that the shocks are out but is it
possible for the shocks to make a squeaking sound? i was thinking that maybe with
the vibration of the truck the shaft would squeak going in and out of the shock
cylinder. any advice?

yes they can squeak,if it only does it when you get on it,could be a bad axel bearing,check all rubber bushings,may sound stupid check the tail gate see if it is just a little loose.

I know that sound well. It is your Universal joints on your driveshaft. Replace them and that should go away.