1989 Dodge Colt 100 DL Price Question

Asked by Jul 30, 2012 at 05:32 PM about the 1989 Dodge Colt

Hi There.  I have a 1989 Dodge Colt 100 DL 1.5l with 103,000 KM that has only had upkeep done with it over the years (break pads, timing belt replacement, etc).  The body is in good shape and it runs fine.  How much should I ask for if I wanted to sell the vehicle?

25

Depends on how it looks and how solid the body is.... That is really low miles (kms). I've seen people spend $2500 on a car like that, with it's great gas mileage and super reputation. I have a 1989 Colt wagon with zero rust; AC; and 108,000 and I won't sell it, but if I did, it would be for at least $2500--if no one wants to pay that much for it, then I'll keep it. At 32-37 mpg, it's like getting gas for $2 a gallon. Where are you located?

Alberta, Canada. Towards your question of the body, its in decent condition. The paint jobs faded, and it has a couple dozen dimples from hail damage, however the previous owners stored it in underground parking for the most part, and my father even commented that the original undercoat looks like it was never driven. Its gathered some rust in the past couple of years being outside as I have it, however I haven't had any mechanical problems *knocks on wood* since purchasing it. Replaced the timing belt just in case as it still had the original.