1996 Volvo 850. No electrical power.

Asked by Jan 18, 2016 at 01:46 PM about the 1996 Volvo 850

I have a 1996 Volvo 850.  Currently; there is no electrical power at all.  No interior lights, clock, radio and of course it will not crank.  It is almost like there is no battery in the car.  All the fuses are good.  All battery cables are connected and tight.  The battery is new and fully charged.  I have even tried to jump start the car but again; there is no power at all.  I thought maybe it was the ignition switch..but that should not affect things like the interior lights/clock should it?  I am no mechanic and only know how to check the basic things in the owners manual.  If anyone has any ideas; I would sure appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

20,270

Start at positive battery cable from battery and follow it all the way to the starter making sure some part of cable has not worn through touching a ground also check connections at starter making sure they are nice and tight.

Hi UGPE10. Exactly the same thing has happened to me, Did you ever find the problem if so i would appreciate it if you could tell me Cheers Gary