Awd suspention

135

Asked by May 21, 2010 at 09:48 AM about the 1997 Volvo 850

I got a 1997 850 awd and got a nivomat rear suspention, I'm wondering if they made an upgrade for that suspention or I gotta keep the same in the rear

75

its a simple change to normal rear suspension...the upper strut tops are larger to withstand the loads from a Nivomat type shock where as the standard mounts are simply a bit smaller. The bolt holes are the same however so its simply a case of popping the Nivomats out, remove and refit the strut top plates to your new shocks then reinstall..you can use the Nivomat tops (which are stronger) or you can just use standard Volvo strut tops...im using Koni Yellows in the rear of my 850 R with Nivomat tops...