Electrical

Asked by Sep 23, 2017 at 10:58 PM about the 1999 Volvo S70

Battery dies when car is off for a
couple days

7,635

Do a search for "parasitic drain " It wouldn't help for me to explain it, you have to know for yourself how to do it .

I paid close to $2000 going thru the wiring and alternators and batteries before a friend put a $10 part from Princess Auto on my battery. I just turn the dial to disconnect the battery from whatever was draining the power. Good luck to you!

4,180

YouTube parasitic drain. It is simple to do but can be a challenge once you find the circuit that is pulling the amps. That being said, it can be something as simple as a switch on while car is off.

Easy to say...very difficult and time-consuming to locate. I spent $1600 at the Ford dealership. They spent three days tearing the car apart and found nothing to indicate we drain was coming from. That was after I paid for an alternator and three battery replacements! The ten dollar disconnect switch would have been a much cheaper and faster fix!