go home safe mode?

Asked by Apr 12, 2007 at 02:28 PM about the 2000 Volvo V40

I have a 2000 v40 that starts out in creep mode or go home safe mode, The check engin light never comes on and the computer never stores a code Volvo has no idea- do you? HELP

14,990

Hello yarrow-- Sal Amico is a master Volvo mechanic and is foreman for the service department at Boston Volvo Village in Brighton, Ma., overall the largest Volvo dealer in all of North America. He is the man that the 35 Volvo master technicians who work for him come to when they have a question like yours about your 2000 Volvo V40. Unfortunately he doesn't have an answer for you either without seeing your car. The limp home mode, he says, shuts everything down in your car and only gives you enough power to reach help without ruining your car. He suggests that you leave your car at a Volvo dealership for a couple of days and let them monitor it under different conditions with the hope that a code of some sort will be revealed, thereby answering what is wrong. I thank Sal for his good advice and I hope you are able to take advantage of his long experience with Volvos. Good luck from Bovan.

Thank you bovan, I have tried just that and have had no luck. Once the service manager drove it home on his 150 mi. commute no luck. It only breaks for me and never stores a code. In the 3 months I have owned it I have had it towed to three different shops 13 times I am out $2000 plus the $8,600 I paid for the car. I have no recourse, so I am back to driving my 240 and can not sell the V40. I guess you could say it is a very expensive paper weight. Volvo doesn’t care the previous owner will not even talk to me. I would not wish this car on my worst enemy so I plead my case on the internet and hope. Thanks for trying Yarrow

25

so what exactally are you saying your car is doing, like not actually starting, cuase i have a 2000 v40 also with about 127k miles on it and that has never happener to me, i would say just get a FULL diagnostica run on it and c wuts up or just do an engine swap

25

NOT A FAIR COMMENT AS MINE SAVED THE LIFE OF MY MISSUS AND BABY GIRL WHEN A VAN PULLED OUT INFRONT OF US ,WHEN WE WERE DOING 50MPH, TRY SPEAKING TO 'SWEEDSPEED' THEIR WHO I GET IN TOUCH WITH WHEN EVER I NEED ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY T4.