Trouble with idle rpm wandering

Asked by Nov 05, 2010 at 06:58 PM about the 1992 Volkswagen Cabriolet

My idle wanders from 10 to 15 on the tachometer when the engine warms up. Any ideas on what causes it and how to fix it?

5

Hey I'm not much help but the same happens to My car but not just as a warm up- even after vw mechanic said he'd fixed it I'll ask him about it and let you know

The easiest thing to check is the vacuum lines. Also check intake manifold gasket and injector seals. Good luck!

vac leak ,clean or replace EGR,or it could be a bad wire causing it to wander,also clean the IAC which is located on TB,clean with carb cleaner,let dry,replace.