my 2006 suzuki ac/heater blower is not working

Asked by Jan 29, 2014 at 09:57 PM about the 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

the heater and ac blower is not coming on

335

If you have checked the fuse and its good look under the passenger side dash under the glove box that is where the blower motor is. You will take off a plastic cover first which has a few Phillips screws holding it in and above that you will see the blower motor. With mine I pulled out the motor which has 3 Phillips screws holding it in along with a power supply connector. Unplug and take out the motor and you will have the fan blade on one side and on the other end you will see a cap that has a few screws holding it on. Take off the silverish cap and inside you will find three motor brushes that have worn to short and the spring is not able to push them in unless you help pull them in. Mine wore down and I cleaned the motor and repositioned the brushes by pulling the wire that connects to the brushes towards the center. I Put it all back together and my blower still is working perfectly. This is not hard just take before and after pictures to ensure it gets installed correctly. A new blower motor runs $400. This takes just 20 min. If you need clarity let me know but this model of Suzuki has a history of such problems and I think this will fix it. One question to you is have your Suzuki headlights high or low beam given you any problems?

50

I did the same thing to my blower motor and it got me through from last summer and still works great! I'm having issues currently with my front left turn signal maybe similar issue to the high/low beam your asking about? My turn signal was burnt out, I finally got around to pulling apart the front bumper to access it changed out the bulb and it still doesn't work for a turn signal, instead is constantly on while my headlights are on? Any ideas?

60

Please can you help I have a 2005 Grand Vatiara and i am having a similar problem with my heating. Iam getting hot air at the vents once the car has been running and all the lights on the control pannel are working, although when i try to change the heat settings on the control panel i here a pop under the glove compartment the blower is not working and is not heating the inside off the car,also on occasions it works perfectly fine? i am worried that this may cost a lot to fix and i am frightened to take it to a garage encase i get riped off please can you help ps my front passenger full beem light keeps needing changed i have had the bulb changed i dont know how many times.

335

This car has known issues with the blower and lights. The blower I can almost bet is the brushes. The way it was designed the brushes get restricted due to the way the wire that the brushes are connected to are routed. Just pull it apart (blower cap) and give the brushes more slack and this will allow the brushes to make contact and the motor to run. Mine is still working since the adjustment. The lights well I still have not completely fixed that issue

20

I have been without my AC for 2 months now. Fan would work intermittently at first, but then not at all. Followed advice above and adjusted the wire to the brushes, and it worked like a charm! Only tool needed was a Phillips head screw driver. Thanks so much for the helpful advice!

70

I have a 2006 Suziki Grand Vitara. New fan motor, new resister, fuses not blown. When I hook the volt meter to the wire that goes to the fan motor it changes as I turn the fan speed adjustment knob but fan will not come on. Hooked the fan straight to a 12v and fan ran fine. Just puzzled at this moment. Any suggestions?

335

Keith, I would double check that the brushes are connected with the braided copper wire and make sure that the brushes are not restricted. I would then check that you are getting power through the connector. I will have to do some research on any other issues that could be causing that.

50

I just bought a 2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara and on my way to work, the defrost and blower system came on. All by itself... I can't get it to shut off!!!! I have pressed every button imaginable and it will not stop until I shut the vehicle off.... HELP!!

My 2006 Vitara blower started working intermittently. It seems to go on and off at random on both auto and manual settings. Not a fuse since it works sometimes.... Big storm coming and I need heat!