I have a 1995 sc2 w/ dohc. I bought it used, so I don't have any manuals etc. I was wondering about two buttons inside the car, and the chiltons does not refer to them at all. The first is located in the area where you put the car into park/drive etc. it is on the right side and it has a light indicating it is on/off. there are no other markings next to it. It is about 2" to the right of wher the mark for D is. What does this button do? The second is on the dash board. It is above the area where the stereo is. there are 3 buttons. It has the word (trac) on it, and it always comes on when I start the car. I press it and it goes off. What is this for, and could you please explain the details of that as well. thank you

Asked by Jul 18, 2007 at 04:22 PM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series

49,225

The first button is the Overdrive button, which is used when travelling on the highway to put the trans into overdrive mode to save fuel. The second button is a button for the traction control system, which is used when driving in inclimate weather conditions. Using this allows the wheels to transfer braking power as needed when the wheels detect slipping.