I had to replace original ignition on the count I lost my keys. Now my car wont start, a new set of keys came with it. I need to know if there is any way to start my car?

80

Asked by Aug 24, 2010 at 01:39 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale

1993 88 royale olds

40

If you look at your factory keys there is a computer chip in the key inset in plastic. There is a sensor in the ignition that checks the chip for the matching resistance to the security module in the car. You have to have a key with the correct chip in it in order for the car to start. If you purchased the ignition from a parts store it probably does not have any chip in the keys. If you ordered the keys with the chip in them you would still need to know the original resistance value in order to receive the correct keys.