Where is the emergency fuel shut off sensor

Marjie Rodriguez
0

Asked by Aug 27, 2012 at 07:37 PM about the 1990 Ford F-250

On the right, or passenger side, down by the passengers feet, under a plastic cover, some call it a kick-panel, cover looks kinda vaguely triangle shape, pop off the cover and there is a red-re-set button on it ..........for more: http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/ford-f-250/fuel-cut-off-sensor/

Brian Price
135

Really?? Mine's on the driver side by the hood release.

I stand corrected Brian. My apologies. I thought I found it correctly but, as this shows, proves me wrong and you right

It's kind of hard to tell, but the image is as if you are standing on the driver's side, outside the vehicle standing by the rear tire looking forward at the front of the truck, the open door in the image is driver's door. But where we may be miscommunicating is the difference between the crash sensor and shut off valve, and the re-set

Best Answer

They took off my drawing because of "inappropriate language" Maybe this will stay and help. I honestly used no "bad words"

They allow one at a time only

One more, I really hope this helps you

M Arroyo
80

I replaced my fuel pumps (front&rear) I still don't hear the pumps engage on.it says it could be shutoff switch or relay .?? If it's shutoff switch for not kickin on how do I check?? Please help

MissDebbie
0

For those looking for the fuel pump reset button (our truck is an '06 Ford F-250 super duty diesel), I found ours: *On the the passenger side *Standing in the doorway, reach to the outer "wall" (not towards the firewall or heat ducts). *There's a hole in that roughly triangular plastic panel. It's actually labeled, embossed on the plastic. *Reach in the hole with your index finger, you'll feel a little rubbery cylinder. If you look, you'll see a red top. It's squishy and doesn't actually feel like a button. *Press the red top to reset.

Susie Whited
0

Did you have to take the inside plastic panel off to find the reset switch?