pro's/cons?

55

Asked by Aug 24, 2009 at 08:17 PM about the 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

I am most likely going to be getting a 2004 srt-4.

I was wondering if there is any problems that i should be expecting down the road...thats if there is any? and if you have ne tips or anything like that

7,555

the 04 doesnt have a limited slip differential where as the 05 does. the interior isnt anything special either but its not terrible. also, if you plan on modding the car the axles are only good for up to 400 hp so stage 1 upgrade is as large as you can really go without dipping into your wallet. other than that though the car is bad ass. very reliable from what ive seen

55

yea i wasnt planning on heavy modding, but just some minors like exhaust, intake and shit like that . but good to know! thx

205

The last good dodge made before they completely redesigned and sucked. It should be okay for a while, but watch out for the tranny and a/c, some problems experienced on past dodges. Dont expect the world's best reliability, but it should be a good daily driver.

7,555

how many times do i need to tell you this john???? dodge hasnt made junk trannys ever since daimer took them over. its been over ten years now since their transmissions failed on a normal basis. live in the present not in the past.

15

Cons are that the trannys suck, its fwd and its a neon and i guess the windows in the back a manual Pros are that its fuckin quick there are a lot of hot parts and its fairly cheap to upgrade

205

Bam chase, nailed it

65

i thought the 04 did have lsd n the injectors were an upgrade to the 03's

55

Only the 03 did not have LSD. The transmissions overall are not bad at all it's the drivers that are the problem 90%+ of the time. The input shaft problem that some people have is from WOT shifting but you can get a device that allows WOT shifting much more safely. There are a few things that if you really beat on the car can be upgraded like 3td gear synchro and a couple other little things nothing major. If you want send me a msg and I can tell you all that you would want to know and more. I have worked on and helped with a ton of them. Also I have the service manual in PDF format if you want it.

55

Also the axles are fine as well there are a ton of them running in the 11's and at least 3 in the 10's with stock axles. The big problem is wheel hop that will break them. It is a ton better to just buy stock axles then spend the money on upgraded ones. I know dozens of srt's that are driven daily and beat on with 400+whp with no axle issues.

neons are good cars if you don't beat the daylights out of them and don't bring up the k-car or everybody will be bitchin'.

75

clutch pivot forks tend to go before 100k

What would I need to do to cam my srt4 ?