is a 2006 dodge viper a good car ?

45

Asked by Dec 11, 2009 at 10:03 PM about the 2006 Dodge Viper

20

depends on what you mean by good car... thats a very vague question. it has a v10 producing over 500hp so it is fast. this motor is also very reliable. however these cars have always been known for their cheap plastic interior, cheap leather and harsh ride. it is a common problem for the paint to melt and/or bubble by the exhaust tips. the viper was never an incredible track car (handling wise) unless youre talking about the ACR which has a different suspension set up, and aerodynamics to help it grip the road alittle better. so sure its a good car, it is fast, and it is reliable. however, from my experience i think its a pile of junk. i didnt think it was very fun to drive.while it was VERY fast, and had great throttle response it feels and looks like a neon inside, the handling is average. the car feels too big and bulky. the transmission is clunky and the overall ride is very rough and choppy. now if youre going to track it. i would reccomend an ACR, strip it, cage it and u have a great sunday track car. but IMO for the money you could get a much better all around car. but again thats just my opinion. it is a good car in its own ways. but if i were you i would be alittle more specific - because i dont know exactly what ansswer youre looking for....

45

well thank you very much that was what i was looking for. but i live in a small town with Buicks and Oldsmobiles so a car like that would be great but i wanna car that is an exotic car, sporty, comfortable and FAST. thanks jason

205

i agree. a ford work van would have a comparable interior. I also think that the engine is underpowered given that its 8.3/4 liters and its only making 500-600 horsepower, when a honda civic si has a better hp to displacement ratio(and thats only 20k). If you wanted a new one, just buy a gtr or a porsche, it will be a more forgiving and memorable drive than if it was in the dodge. btw its a dodge, i sorta forgot about that. Dodge hasnt been making very good cars lately, and that gives me a bad image of the viper, even though it isnt that unreliable. There are way better road cars that are cheaper than the viper, but the viper is a good track car. If you want to have the best sunday drive you ever had, I would choose something different.

45

ok thx

35

I had 06 SRT-10. Great car. Don't buy it to drive everyday.

I have an 02 Mini Ma mans version, with adjusstaple spoiler & I love it. Ididnt want a comfy car or automatic my first ever vehicle was a Datsun no power steering & tires that were as wide as the viper. It s all in individual preference.