Why does my truck keep dying out?

Asked by Jul 03, 2015 at 04:10 PM about the 1969 Ford F-250

It seems that when i turn right the truck dies out.

Here's a suggestion: Time for a new ride, Clyde!! Great time to consider an upgrade, partna!! Sliiide on down to your local Mazda Dealer and scoop up a hot new ride with fries on the side!! Hollar back at me one time, big daddy!! Duude, you drive a 1969....LMFAO!! Trade 'er in, boss!!

18,830

I am going to tell you a short story I run into this problem a while back with a vehicle I was working on long story short come to found out dropped the gas tank and there was a rag in the tank that was being sucked in by the pump when they made a left hand turn. No problem right hand turn still to this day have no idea how that rag got in the gas tank. True Story

95,195

I also found a rag in a fuel tank causing the same problem but when it got sucked up the engine died and would not restart unless you let it sit a half hour. Check the float level in carb first, if it is too low it can also cause this, if that checks good then test the fuel pressure and delivery rate, if all of that checks good then it is possible there is something floating around in the fuel tank.