Would it be smart to buy a 1969 5 speed F250 for $500.00

Asked by Jan 01, 2010 at 09:47 PM about the 1969 Ford F-250

I have been wondering for about a week now and now im asking you guys.

it all depends on the body.... its a ford so you already must plan on working on it

definetely, if it is a moderate condition vehicle it is a good buy for the money, and if your good with tools ita nice restauration project to work on

dont be confused, if a ford has been taken good care of it will keep running for a long time.

my dad had one, 69 hiboy 4x4, they are tough old trucks, good rear ends, you could kill off the same year chevy with it, weak link was motor mounts and u-joints back on the farm. problably has a 360 in it, i would rather have a 390, sounds like a good project.

Everything is governed by the laws of physics, doesn't matter what brand it is. It is an inanimate object that relies on the intelligence or stupidity of its current or previous owner. I have a 1969 F-250 that I bought for $500 with the camper on it. I still have the truck even after it was stolen from me and taken to a salvage yard. I got it back in pieces. The motor isn't the weakest point only the owner can be. The 360 and 390 are virtually the same thing, another option would be to find a set of 390 heads and open up the breathing process but they for the most part are pretty indestructable if taken care of, I have a base that is 45 years old and I plan to take my truck to the next level so that future generations can see that us "old timmers" really knew how to build sh#t that lasts and not some plastic bio-degradable piece of sh#t that costs thousands of dollars to fix if you bump the curb. Blue oval, Red bowtie, or the 5 sided star of that other auto maker just take care of it and it will last and you will determine the value.

I would appreciate receiving a current value of my Ford 1968 F250.