Runs rough and stalls at light

35

Asked by Jun 22, 2007 at 03:47 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Suburban

1985 Chevy Suburbin...starts to run rough and stall while sitting at a light...just changed the carb from a quad jet to a Holly with a electric choke..has a mechanical fuel pump...the other carb (quad) was giving me problems, that's why I chnged it...this is a 350 small block...the engine has 25,000 miles on a rebuilt engine which was running fine...the reason for the carb change is no choke on the quad and could not get a manual choke to work wright. I had this problem with the other carb.

31,795

The most common reason for a rough engine is ignition wires, spark plugs, rotor, and the distributor cap. Check all of those first to see if it resolves the issue.

35

I agree with light gear... Make sure that the plug wires are in the correct order and going to right plug. Also, make sure the spark plug gap is the right measurement.

if engine has no more miles than that probley needs valves re adjusted.

110

running to rich