Monte Carlo

Asked by Jan 03, 2012 at 01:43 PM about the 1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Not sure if you answer this type of question but I have a 1976 Monte Carlo all
original with 25,000 miiles on it. Its in very good condition and sits covered in a
garage for the last 20 years with the exception of driving to keep the battery up and
to keep in good running condition. Would like to know where would be the best
place to sell it when I am ready to do so.
Any help you can offer would be appreciated!
Thanks

265

Craiglist, chevy forum, old cars forums, etc..

95

what would your asking price be. I know of a few ppl who would be interested in it. since i got mine a month and a half ago some of my friends at work have started looking for a 76

265

Maybe 3-4000$ if it's a ''project condition'' car (Paint job to do, mechanical issues, rust on/under the car, etc..) .. probably a little more if not.

This car is in very good condition the interior is excellent I don't think my parents ever took it out in the rain. They were told several years ago that it was worth more than I thought it was worth at the time but I have been told due to its very good condition it should bring at least 7500. There really is nothing wrong with it as it has bee kept covered & protected in there attached garage all these years. Its gray with burgundy intertior. Seats are new & one man looked at and said it still smells new. Never smoked in, its almost show room quality. But I am not sure my father will let me sell it yet, he told me to a year ago but that was when he was in a nursing home. He still has it in his head its worth 20,000. as someone told him years ago. They did not know what they were talking about needless to say, it might be worth that in the next 15+ years. Wolfy70 I shall see and I can post pictures if he decides to sell. What state are you in?

Mark, it would not be classed as a project condition auto. Its absloutely ready to drive with the exception of new gas in it. We keep very little in it at this time since its never driven.

1 big problem,its a 1976,not a collecter car,they a dime a dozen,top price would be $5.000.00.the motor and tranny would have to be rebuilt due to dryed seals,crank and idle for a few minutes is the worst thing you can do to a vehicle that sits for that long.if it wrer a 71,72,it would be worth big money.

95

I am in SW Missouri and papa with all due respect a collectors car is in the eye of the collector and how much they are willing to spend to aquire it