Is anyone interested in a 1979 Toyota Cressida?

15

Asked by Jul 04, 2013 at 09:57 AM about the 1979 Toyota Cressida

I'm hoping to find someone who would like to restore this sweet car as I have neither the time, money, nor expertise to do so.  However, it's still in good condition and I'd rather just give it to someone than sell it for junk.  Is there a new owner out there?

Where are you?

15

SE IA. Car would need hauled as not running at this time, though am uncertain what all it would take to get it running again - maybe not much.

35

do you have any pictures of the car?

15

I hadn't bothered to take any pix until I found out if there was any interest in the car - I will get pix posted within next couple days. Thanks.

8,605

these Cresida sedans and wagons have one BIG thing going for them when it comes to mechanical ills. They are a Supra under the skin, so mechanical parts and know how are EASY to come by, and not expensive to fix, either. They are one of the only Japanese cars I actually love! If you were closer, I would be more than interested in the old girl.

I might be able to provide a nice home for her. Can you give me more details about it? 2 door / 4 door Manual / Automatic I would love to see some pictures. Hope to hear from you soon.

15

Here are some photos, which do not do the car justice, but you can get the idea of its condition. Here's the story - I bought the car, drove it for couple years, had engine replaced, drove it another couple years. Meanwhile, some friends of my son's - young couple with baby, not much $ to work with - were looking for dependable, reasonably-priced transportation. Since I already had 2 other vehicles, I sold it to them with the understanding that if they ever decided to get rid of it, I'd be first in line. Which I was... after they just parked it at his dad's and called me and told me if I wanted it, there it was. I honestly have no idea what mechanical condition it's in - I never started it again. I loaded it up (tires were shot by then) and took it home to decide how best to go about it. Having since decided it best to allow someone else the opportunity to restore it, it is now available for the hauling. You'll note oxidation on the body, but virtually no rust, except for around the dent on front R corner, where a UPS truck backed into it and the driver didn't realize he was up against a car - a tough little car that was barely lifted as he rammed it 3 times! - so now it carries the scar of that interlude. Interior needs work, as I'm sure does the engine, but there were wasp nests under the hood so I chose not to open it. Seriously, FREE to someone who is interested. I loved the car but have to be honest with myself and admit I'll never bring her back to life, but someone sure could, and have a gem in the process! Thanks.

15

Ok, for some reason, the 16 pix that I'm trying to share simply will not upload. I'm no techie genius, but can usually make this work online. Any suggestions for those who want to see pix?

Hey man, what's up Try sending them to my email. rilindo@curacaodesigns.com Can't wait to see her.

15

Ok, I have finally managed to load several photos of this car for those who are interested in seeing it. Let me know if you'd like more info. Thanks.

I would loveeee it! Is this gone by now? Lol

15

No, she stills needs a new home! Still sitting right where she has been for last few years, awaiting someone's TLC. Let me know if you want to pursue this... Thanks!

Omg!! Please call me or text me at 941-448-4562 !!! This could be my dream come true!! :D I'm actually supposed to be going up to GA very soon so this could be perfect !!!

If you could pleas email me those pics too that would be awesome!! Blkbear3000@gmail.com :)

I have a 79 Toyota Cressida looking for parts. I do have a intrastate moving company and can pick up..... Where are you located at ?

Can I get some pictures also? . Thank you

15

I'm in SE IA. If you're still interested, I'll email you pics. I had put them up on this forum but have no idea how they're accessed so I'd guess emailing them would be better.

Hey mate, send me an email at suhaibshaikh@hotmail.com. I live in the middle east and run a custom shop, Sounds like a grreat project to work on.

I am very interested in the 1979 Cressida. Anyone who has one for sale, email pics and contact me at quanza.group.com - please!!!

still interested in a 1978 toyota cressida?? I have one that we will either use for my teenager as our 3rd car, or sell, if there's interest from someone who would enjoy it for it's classic-ness! fivejbiggs@hotmail.com